What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a type of orthodontic treatment that helps straighten your teeth without the traditional metal braces. It uses a series of clear retainers, or aligners to move teeth. They are removable and virtually invisible so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing.
Here’s What’s Included in Your Invisalign Consult:
In your consultation you will have the opportunity to learn more about Invisalign and how this treatment will work for you and your current orthodontic needs.
Dr Nguyen will listen to your needs and expectations and what you’d like to achieve from treatment. You will find out how Invisalign works by examining the digital treatment planning software and viewing before, during and after images. We will examine your mouth, teeth and smile to assess your orthodontic plan. During this examination we will take a full 3D scan of your current dentition alignment. Following we will take radiographic X-Rays and this will help us identify the level of treatment you will require to get your dream smile. Dr Nguyen will gather all this information and create a personalized treatment plan.
Concluding this consultation, you will receive an upfront quote with the option of a flexible interest free payment plan, so you know exactly what to expect.
*For a limited time receive a free take home tooth whitening kit after your treatment is complete.
If you decide this is something you would like to try, we will book you in for a treatment at a time that is most suitable for you.
Why Choose Peninsula Dental Care for Your Invisalign Treatment?
Peninsula Dental Care is a reputable dental practice that provides a comprehensive range of treatment with the latest state of the art equipment. We are a provider of Invisalign, a dental correction option for those who are worried about the aesthetics created by traditional braces. It is suitable for both kids and adults and receives favourable reviews from patients for its effectiveness and its virtually invisible aligners. Similar to braces, Invisalign works to correct any alignment issues.
We understand that both adults and children can become stressed about the notion of any corrective dental treatment; therefore, we work to ensure that you are at ease with the treatment provided in a calm and caring manner.
Furthermore, we provide Invisalign clear braces treatment for a highly competitive cost. Simply book yourself in for an initial consultation and one of our orthodontic experts will discuss this treatment with you and how it can benefit your dental health.
How long does it take for Invisalign to start working?
On average Invisalign takes anywhere from 6 to 18 months depending on the complexity of your case. Most people start noticing some movement within the first two months after getting their first set of aligner trays.
Is Invisalign painful?
Invisalign can be uncomfortable however in general it is less painful than traditional metal braces. Every time you get your new set of aligners you will experience some discomfort as it’s shifting your teeth into positions they are not used to being in. This however does fade after the teeth adjust to wearing the aligners.
How much does it cost for Invisalign?
The typical price of Invisalign is between $5,000 and $8,000.
How much of Invisalign is covered by insurance?
Many dental insurance plans cover Invisalign treatment just as they would other orthodontic treatments like conventional braces.
Some of the main factors that will impact this cost include:
- How much alignment your teeth require
- The number of aligners you will need
- The number of adjustments you will require
- The amount covered by your insurance
If you need to pay the full cost for Invisalign braces, or if your private health insurance does not cover a significant portion of the costs, then we may be able to offer payment options. This may include payment plans, such as monthly instalments over several months. You may also qualify for tax rebates.
Benefits of Invisalign
- Discreet treatment: Invisalign aligners are virtually invisible so you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing. They’re also removable so you won’t have to change your lifestyle while having treatment. You can still eat and drink all the foods you enjoy.
- Comfort: Invisalign aligners have no metal brackets or arch wires to cause irritation to your mouth. This means they are extremely comfortable to wear. What’s more, no metal or wires means you won’t need as many appointments with your orthodontist as there are fewer adjustments needed.
- Easy to clean: Traditional metal braces can make it difficult to floss and brush properly, which can cause decalcification. This can lead to unsightly marks on your teeth and possibly even decay. Because Invisalign aligners are removable, you can brush and floss normally, making it easier to maintain good oral hygiene.
- Safer on teeth: When traditional metal braces are removed there is left over adhesive used to bond the brackets to the teeth. This is removed however has the potential to cause some of the tooth’s enamel to be removed as well. Because Invisalign doesn’t use adhesive, enamel scouring is not an issue.